Mar 26, 2012

"MID-NIGHT XPRESS"

"Xmas in the COUNTRY"
A/C black textured cardstock w/ chalk technique.  Chalk colors used were
purple, light purple & white.  Pink & green vellum torn to create the mountains which were inked and dry embossed w/ Sizzix Embossing folder Martha Stewart's punches: deer, pine tree, snowman, houses on top of mountains were cut out in clear vellum.  Each pine tree was in the green color family and each distressed and detailed.  Best Occasion metallic paper  (Wal-Mart) were used for the church and houses.  The 3 photo areas were matted with A/C black textured cardstock and blue metallic paper which hold a total of 6 photos.  Everything was touched up with white Liquid Applique' and heat set to create the puffed up snow-like look. 
"Pull Here" stamp used on photo flap tabs w/ white Opaque Stazon.


Glossy Accent for the iced pond and sugar paper used for the foreground.
Red vellum for the church windows and door.
Mini bows and string tied to the photo area covers.
I created a 4x4 1/4" deep pocket in black cardstock.  Ripped the middle and rolled back the edges and inserted a piece of brick plastic that I had purchased from Hobby Lobby's doll house section when they first opened in Wappinger Falls, NY.  I added some green and red Recollection's rain drops which were a big hit for me back then.  I love them! 
Cricut cartridges used to cut out the metallic houses and soldiers.
  I used various ribbon & fibers to add some flare.  Tags were 4x1 1/2", I used red/pink Cat Eye InksEveryday Paper Dolls
(boy & girl)

Hope your eyes had lots to eat..  ;  )











3 comments:

MariaR said...

I love the winter scene... so many details, it's beautiful:)

Mario said...

I can't wait to see you at AE my friend!!!

mixamatoasties said...

Lovely project.

Thanks for joining in at Creative Craft.

Susan x