Mar 10, 2012

Teasers from My Master Piece



Feast your eyes and get a jump start of Inspiration...

Teaser 1
I want to begin by saying that this is a 3 page 12x12 (A/C) textured white cardstock.  The base coloring I myself did by using Tim's Fall Seasonal Series Distress Inks and a blending tool.  Bats are Stampers Anonymous rubber stamp (CMS093) "Mini Halloween".  "Live the Life You've Imagined" is also a SA stamp that was also used.  I tore pieces of Tim's Core'dinations paper pad and inked up the edges and placed them in the background to simulate mountains in distance.  I actually bended the paper to have a couple of edges, in a nutshell, I made them 3D.  Cool huh?  Grunge paper was used cut the On the Fence edge die, via Vagabond.  I covered the fence with Blk Crackle paint.  The Man with the Umbrella die was ran through the vagabond using metallic paper (Wal-Mart).  I cut 2 umbrellas and used the covering of the second one to make it 3D by snipping off the stick.  A flat toothpick was used to keep the umbrella stick firm.  I used Tim's Drill Punch tool to punch a hole through both of Tim's metal Wing charms.  A hole on the shoulders of "the Man"(he is way too cool)  was pierced  and the wings were fastened with a long fastener.  Worked like a "charm".   With metallic paper, I used the Gadgets & Gear Die, placed the big one by my Man w/ the Umbrella.  The black spider was just 4 thin blk pieces of wire with about 3-4 knots on top of each other I  maneuvered the legs to look the way I wanted and I cut the excess wire and adhered the spider to the inside of the umbrella, that's all there was to it.   A piece of flexible mesh/screen was cut to about 4-5".   I then took Tim's Tiny Attacher and stapled the mesh/screen to simulate rain drops.  The width was the same as the umbrella itself, which is about 4" wide.  I placed this in front of "my" man w/ the Umbrella and attached all pieces onto the 12x12" inked cardstock.  The hand coming out from the grave was a skeleton that I butchered.  I have him holding a Lightsaber!  Is that cool or what!  I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan.  Ok, back to reality.  I used metal colored wire and twirled them to make then look like stemmed flowers.  The stoned ground was a roll I had purchased from Michael's a while back during the winter when they had their small christmas villages on display.   In some areas throughout the 3 page layout I cut slivers of green paper and I used them through the fence and other areas.   A bit of moss made its way in the foreground, amongst other things.

Teaser 2
Tim's Stampers Anonymous (CMS110) stamp "Stuff to Say" was stamped with Blk Archival Ink.

Teaser 3
 


Teaser 4
 Stamper Anonymous rubber stamp CMS068 from the "Spooky Stuff" collection, the Crow I stamped onto the top of the lampost. The lamp post was a Kaiser Kraft Wood Flourish-Lamp Post w/ Sign which I painted with Ranger's blk enamel. The hanging part of it was Distressed with Blk Soot and Scattered Straw slightly muted with the Blk Soot. I used the Micro pens (blk) to put the address onto the sign. Two black mini skeleton keys were adhered to the sides of the sign. A crystal bling on the bottom center and a white pen was used to highlight the lampost on the right side as well as the hanging sign. Red crystal blings were place on the top of the light and yellow vellum paper was used behind the top of the lampost to simulate a glow of light. Almost forgot the "Bat" charm from Tim's Halloween charm collection.   I think that just about covers everything in this photo.
If you read this far down and haven't become a follower,
please take a few minutes to become one.  That, I would highly appreciate.  Thank you for sharing some of your precious time to view my interpretations of what goes on in my head. 
We all have it... IMAGINATION.  Just ride with it...
Remember... there are no MISTAKES in Art...

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Stunning...I can't wait to see the complete project!

Bless you and all those families and friends who were affected by 9/11's horrible....tragedy doesn't begin to cover it...My Uncle was in the Pentagon that day, thankfully he is a survivor and he's also my hero as he was one who rushed back in to help others get out.

Blessings,
Cheryl

Rett said...

Ohhhh...you are right! These are teasers! This Master Piece is awesome, I can already tell. There are so many interesting things to see...love the raindrops dripping down...and all the goodies at the fence! Can't wait to see the rest.

Marjie Kemper said...

I love the cluster of goodies around the fence, and the staples as raindrops!

Ally White Cat said...

How fun and wonderful. Awesome art..
I love it!The little spider bug land is so cool.

susan s.

Manu Mamma said...

Absolutely outstanding!!!
As always... I love your creations... the man with umbrella is gorgeous.
I'm so curious to see the whole project!
Hugs
Manu

KarenMC said...

Can't wait to see the whole piece and know what meaning each part has.