May 31, 2012

Compendium Curiosities 2

Studio L3
Brushless Watercolor Technique Challenge
Sponsored by Eclectic Paperie
(EclecticPaperie.com)
I WON THE CHALLENGE!!




Began by using Strathmore Windpower Watercolor Paper (which I love).  Then I took out my DIs, fired brick, spun sugar, broken china, faded blue jeans and last but not least black soot.  After I lightly inked up the watercolor paper I used Tim's Alteration Texture Fade Americana Background and Borders Set and ran that through my Vagabond.   I then took out my Stampers Anonymous Stamp set, Americana Silhouettes (CMS122).  I used the technique in Tim's "A Compendium of Curiosities 2" Page 49.


A closer look at the technique as mentioned above.   I used the Spun Sugar DI in this area. 
White Liquid Applique was used as clouds in the sky.  Here I used the Miss Liberty stamp from the set and I made her appear large by placing the clouds in the background.  I kept the bottom part of the cloud pretty much straight and made the puffs of the clouds on the upper part.  All this gives the layout depth.

Tim's Numerical Metals #4 was placed over the number that was alread embossed.  Here I then went over the embossed words with faded blue jeans and fired brick.  This was a definite "popper".   I used Crackle Accents on some of the words that I wanted to stand out and some of the stars.  The white star was made out of grunge paper.  Used a white dabber on the star and then added some picket fence Distress Stickles using my fingers to spread it out.


I used Tim's Alterations Movers & Shapers Mini Love Struck Set. Grunge paper was used took the  black Distress Stain and then used the Crack Accents allowed it to set overnight.  Adorned the little guy with red, silver and blue wires to give the appearance that he is running by.  Attached the star from Alterations Movers & Shapers Mini Old Glory set that was cut out of grunge paper.


Boy did I "crack" the heck out of this little guy.  Gotta love this stuff.


A closer look at this amazing product!  You can also see my imperfections with the glue when I tried attaching the wires.  But, like Tim says, "embrace your imperfections".   So I did.


A different view to show that I popped the little guy  with American Crafts "This, to that" white foam dots which I painted around the sides with my black Copic pen so that the white was no longer visible.  
I also added some silver wiring as the foreground.

Check out the Crackle Accents on the words.

Look at this man with the flag that I came up with, is he a cool dude or what?    I used frosted shrink paper, cut it with my Vagabond, painted him and the flag with my Copic Pens.

Used Crackle Accent on the stars and added Recollections clear bling, "Bling on a Roll".

Glossy Crackle on Lady Liberty's crown.   Here I used the Sakura Micron 02 Pen which has archival ink for the birds in the distance.  These pens are amazing and I do use them quite a bit.

Another close up photo of the Crackle Accent and the Picket Fence Distress Stickles which can be dried with a heating tool.  FYI you cannot dry the regular Stickles. 


Hope you like what I created and if you do, let me know and become a follower, that would be awesome if you did both.     :  )   Have an awesome day!




19 comments:

MariaR said...

It came out really nice. When I saw you working on this yesterday in Crafters' Delight, I didn't think it would look so good... boy was I wrong!! It's better than good, it's AMAZING!!

Scrappin' Stacy said...

Love it, love it , love it. Did I mention that I love it? As always your talent and artistic creations amaze me!!

Sarah Dineen said...

WOW, Ivette....I LOVE it..Good luck, not that you need it; everything you create is amazing!!

Sarah Dineen said...

WOW, Ivette....I LOVE it..Good luck, not that you need it; everything you create is amazing!!

Sarah Dineen said...

WOW, Ivette....I LOVE it..Good luck, not that you need it; everything you create is amazing!!

MariaR said...

Forgot to say... GOOD LUCK!!

mitzilynn said...

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! Such creativity.

n1sunrider said...

Thank you for your kind comments and for being a follower of my blog.

n1sunrider said...

Thanks Maria!

Kirstin said...

Holy cow wow! This is awesome!

n1sunrider said...

Hey Sarah, thank you!

Regina said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love this!

Regina Zyry (from ATT yahoo group)

Regina said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love this!!!

Regina Z. (from ATT yahoo group)

Marjie Kemper said...

Fantabulous, Ivette! I love the way you've set this up with the clouds between the points of her crown. All the crackle accents are amazing... this is a beauty!

Linda Ledbetter said...

This is such a magnificent work of art, Ivette, and I'm here to say thanks for participating AND to let you know that you won the prize from eclectic Paperie. Congratulations!!!

Here's the post from the eP blog announcing you as the winner:
http://eclecticpaperie.blogspot.com/2012/06/compendium-of-curiosities-2-challenge-7.html

Thanks again for sharing your talent at the CC2 Challenge!!!

Annie said...

My sister is AWESOME!!!!

Lisa :) said...

Marcea said...

Thankyou so much for joining us with our jubilee celebrations on Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog last week. I hope you can join in our new challenge this week too
-x-

Manu Mamma said...

Hi Ivette... your patriotic tribute is AWESOME...
My Tim's July tag... has small gift for you: it's a virtual way to say thanks to you again and to remember the NY heros (you will find it here: http://manumamma.blogspot.it/2012/07/a-patriotic-tag.html)
God bless you.
Manu