Jul 31, 2012

July Tag #1


July Tag 2012
(1 of 2)
This tag... I struggled with this tag but kept plugging away at it.  I was determined.  Almost chucked it a couple of time.  Then I remembered, "embrace your imperfections". 
Glossy paper, DI: Spun Sugar, Broken China, Black Soot.
TH Americana Sihlouettes, Lady Liberty and Uncle Sam.

Our Lady Liberty has Copic all over her.  Tim Holtz's Pen Nibs with a combination of Black Copic markers on the necks and some Ranger Patina (verdigris) to appear rustic, vintage, etc. and Ranger's Crackle Accent.  Alcohol Inks; Watermellon and Sail Boat Blue onto Glossy Paper then used the"Duster Air" can for the splattered look.   Copic Markers used were N4, 110, B00, BG11, G00, C3, BV0000, R00.
Spica Pens, Gold & Silver. 
I used Glossy Accent on the Pen Nibs to keep them in place.


Here i completed Uncle Sam's top hat.  I used the Copic Markers, and added a nice thick layer of Crackle Accent.  The birds stamp in the background are from SceneScapes.com.

I use TH's
Paper Distresser for a look of aged edges.  TH Numericals #4 painted with Copic R27.  The second Lady Liberty I have no idea who made it because I purchased it at a SB yard sale.  I love anything NY.  I'm a proud New Yorker
.
My vision was seeing Uncle Sam pointing at the Terrorists as a  "watch out".  It  brought back the feelings and pain of the WTC attacks on September 11th. 
It's that time of the year again...


I know i will never Forget...

3 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

Oooh lah lah, those pen nibs have never looked better! Love this cool patriotic tag!

Anita Houston said...

WAY WAY WAY COOL!!! Both of them! Love the NYC scene, and then Lady Liberty's head plate....AWESOME!!!

n1sunrider said...

Thank you ladies for your comments. They do help to keep you going when you're running low on steam.