Nov 13, 2013

MY BRITNI


 
My little girl....

I remember being a rookie cop and in the locker room a co-worker brought a box with a few puppies.  She had the most white and was so precious.  It was only a few weeks after my mom had passed of breast cancer in 1994.
Needless to say, I was devastated when I lost my Britni.  I've had many dogs in my life, but losing Britni was like losing my mom again.  Some may not understand this, but a true animal lover will.


 This is my first attempt of a Finnabair style project on canvas,  a few weeks before I made it to one of her classes when she came to NYC this year.   It was alot of fun.
 The way I created this canvas was not the way Finn taught us.  What fun we had with her!  She is awesome, so is Marjie!!

 I began by using the hot glue gun to hold my embellies in place.  I used some burlap, tissue paper, ribbon, TH idea-ology, whatever I could find. The entire canvas was covered with fiber gesso.
 
I positioned a photo of my little girl, which I protected by using a piece of paper cut out the same size as the photo. 
 
 I sprayed the canvas with Glimmer Mist.  I used a large piece of cardboard and began misting the canvas from right to left, spraying heavier where I wanted to make it darker.

Burgundy wire was added prior to misting.  
 
I coiled some red wire throughout the bottom area.
 
As always, thanks for passing by.  Join my blog (if you haven't already) and follow me so you can receive updates everytime I post a new project.
Thanks again! 
This will be a future class.  If interested email me at n1sunrider@aol.com
Enjoy folks and don't forget to hop on over to Eclectic Paperie for some new products at their new location.  While you're there, get inspired by some of the wonderful work her Design Team offers.
Have fun!
 

6 comments:

Sarah Dineen said...

Very nice, Ivette!! That is a beautiful tribute...

Donna Canonico said...

So sweet! You did a great job in this canvas. I love it Ivette!!!

n1sunrider said...

Thank you guys! ; )

Ivette

MariaR said...

So pretty and just perfect as a tribute to a beloved pet:) TFS

J. Lain said...

Beautiful tribute to your little girl.

J. Lain said...

Beautiful tribute to your little girl.