Nov 27, 2013

Heart & Soul


Hello everyone!  
I'm ready to share another Tim Holtz project that I've completed.   I've taken quite a few classes with Tim Holtz and this box was inspired by his class.  This one was a very fun class.     

This is a 5x5 configuration box (which is discontinued).  
I ripped up pieces of Tim's Tissue Wrap and 
adhered them to the box using Glue N' Seal.  
I removed the acetate window to attached 
the Pulley Wheels

The heart was made of paper mache.  
I cut up Metal Foil tape into pieces and covered 
the front portion of the heart and sides.  
The Sprocket Gears were painted with white 
acrylic paint and adhered to the box with a glue gun.  
The Man with the Umbrella die was cut 
out of white Shrink Plastic.

Here I used Tim's Faux Riveting technique 
which you can find in his books, 
"Compendium of Curiosities Vol. I & II."  
We used a big push pin to make the holes.  
I added chicken wire to my heart and 
the word, "hope". 

 Lots of Tim Holtz's Idea-ology 
products were used as well as 
Distress Inks and Alcohol Inks.

 Industrial Chic charms, the hand coming 
out of the heart that holds a ring.

 Art-i-Cake charms such as that tall crown 
which I placed on top and the 
bent spoon with the word
 "Art" on the side.

I used the Tiny Attacher to make the "X" which 
gives the appearance of stitches.  
I then painted the staples 
with a black Copic Pen.   
I hope you all enjoyed my piece and don't 
forget to join my blog!   
I look forward to seeing you here in the future.


2 comments:

  1. just love your assemblage! ... and so so many super cool embellishments - just terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Now I have to finish mine..,lol! I love all the added pieces and techniques. I have to experiment with the shrink plastic. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you were inspired!