Nov 27, 2013

Heart & Soul


Hello everyone!  I'm ready to share another Tim Holtz project that I completed.  This one was also alot of fun.   Don't forget to hop over to Eclectic Paperie and check out Kim's new store!

This is a 5x5 configuration box (which is supposedly discontinued).  I ripped up pieces of Tim's Tissue Wrap and adhered them to the box using Glue N' Seal.  I removed the lid to attached the Pulley Wheels

The heart was made of paper mache.  Using Metal Foil Tape which I had cut into pieces and covered the front of the heart and sides.  The Sprocket Gears were painted with white acryllic paint and adhered to the box with a glue gun.  The Man with the Umbrella die was cut out of white Shrink Plastic.

Here I used Tim's faux riveting technique which you can find in his books, "Compendium of Curiosities Vol. I & II".  We used a big push pin to make the holes.  I added chicken wire to my heart and the word, "hope". 

 Lots of Tim Holtz's Idea-ology products were used as well as Distress Inks and Alcohol Inks.

 Industrial Chic charms, the hand coming out of the heart that holds a ring.

 Art-i-Cake charms such as that tall crown which I placed on top and the bent spoon with the word "Art" on the side.

I used the Tiny Attacher to make the "X" which gives the appearance of stitches.  I painted the staples with a black Copic Pen.   
I hope you all enjoyed my piece and don't forget to join my blog!   I look forward to seeing you here.


2 comments:

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

just love your assemblage! ... and so so many super cool embellishments - just terrific!

Donna Canonico said...

Love it! Now I have to finish mine..,lol! I love all the added pieces and techniques. I have to experiment with the shrink plastic. Thanks for sharing!