May 14, 2014

SPRING TIME PERCH

My take on Spring began with alcohol inks on a glossy tag that I cut out of using my Tim Big Die of tags.  
I always enjoy playing with the metals.   I used a chicken 
wire  stamp and Sta'zon orange ink pad.
A few butterfly rub-ons on the upper and lower right side of the tag.
The sentiment was actually the first stamped I grabbed and didn't know what it said until I inked it up and stamped it onto a piece of paper.  It was meant to be. 
As soon as I read it, I knew it was the right one.  It was stamped using black archival ink onto a torn piece of vellum paper that was heated, crumbled it up and I lightly applied some Distress Ink (Spiced Marmalade) to bring out the creases and dimension.
 
 
Tiny Terra Cotta pots that I painted, glued some moss in it and used colored wires I coiled as flourishes.  I lightly twirled the wire around an awl slipped it off and stretched them to the length I wanted.  In this case, I really didn't pull on them much.  These pots are about an inch in length and I cut them in half.
This tag was created for a swap I joined,  didn't want to give it up. 😉
 
I cut a few small pieces of soft window screen that can be purchased at your local hardware store.
The pen nibs are from Tim Holtz's Ideaology.
The tiny dragon fly was from Recollections.  I placed a knob in the tag hole, I believe it was a 7 Gypsies knob.
As always, I hope I've inspired you.  Make some time for yourself every month, week, or day, and create!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
 
Ivette


2 comments:

Hope you were inspired!