Hello everyone, I'm here with another canvas project, this time it is a halloween image from the Fitztown store. I have lots of ideas for halloween and not enough time. Hope you keep checking back.
This canvas began with some Tim Holtz Distress Paints, Seedles Grapes, Spiced Marmalade, Black Soot as well as Color Box, Frost White which I applied only in the center of the canvas and very little. I brushed the DP from left to right lightly allowing only the tip of the brush to spread the "semi dry" paint. I began on the left side of the canvas and only brushed towards the right. I did the same on the right side of the canvas, I brushed from right (with the tip of the brush) towards the left. A medium to large flat brush worked great for me. Don't worry about imperfections. Nobody's perfect...
After the canvas was completely dry, I used one of Prima's stencil (no name) item #564247 and taped it to keep it in place. Then I used my Color Box, White Frost ink pad onto the stencil. I wanted it to look like lightning in the background.
Then I used Dylusions Stencil, Cheered Dots with black Archival ink. I used it right side up and then turned it upside down and repeated the inking.
This fence is made out of TH's Grunge Paper and I used TH Edge Die, On the Fence. Here I applied TH Crackle Paint, Peeled Paint. This is the kind of project that I just can go on and on with... pure IMAGINATION.
Black cardstock was used to punch the bats and the flying witch out. Various punches were used.
Here I used TH's Die, Crescent Moon ran it through my Vagabond using vellum paper. I stamped a Smeared Ink image with black Archival ink right onto the moon and went around the edges with both black and white ink. On the lighter side of the moon I used black ink and on the darker side of the moon I used white ink. I then dried it with a heat tool (not too much) and ran it through the Vagabond with a TH Embossing Folder, Starry Night. Later, I adhere it with Vellum tape so that the adhesive doesn't show through the vellum.
TH Black Crackle Paint was applied on the upper left and right corners of the canvas, when dried I lightly went over it with Frost White by Color Box. Here you can see the stars from the Starry Night Embossing Folder. The green pebbles are from Ashland, I used a glue gun to adhere them.
The image was colored in with the following Copic Pens:
G00, G07, G21, G40, YG06, YG11, Y00, Y02, R20, 24, R29, R81, R83, R85, RV93, C0, C2, C4, E000, 110. I covered her top with Glossy Accent.
I added small adhesive pearls on her waist and on the bottom part of her dress.
The last addition was the umbrella she holds.
Have a great one everyone!