Aug 4, 2014

Smudge Fest Day 1

 
Day 1 of the Smudgefest is Mixed Media and I'm really excited about this smudgefest.  I've been wanting to show some of the great rubber stamps that I've accumulated over time.  It's playtime!! 
I began by stamping the image onto a tag using Ranger's Archival ink, grabbed my Copics and began with the hair then onto the skin.
Copic Pens used: 
E000, R50, E21, BG10, C2, C3, C7, C8
 
I also used Tim Holtz's Shattered Stencil carefully working around image.  Used Distress inks:  Spiced Marmalade, Black Soot and Black Distress Stain around the edges of the tag.  Finished it off with a sealer and a black velvet ribbon.  Embellishments added, the handcuff and the firearm. 


I loved the feel of the kindy-ness in this image.   Hope you play with them over at Smeared Ink
Hope I inspired you.
Enjoy!
Ivette
 
Smudgefest

5 comments:

Erin Bentley said...

Hi, Great Tag, love the image and colours.

Hugs Erin x

Dorothy said...

Awesome!!!

Terra Serrano said...

Ack, I adore this tag! Fabulous use of the coloring mediums, and where did you find the awesome embellishments?!? Thanks so much for entering Smudgefest and sharing this with us, looking forward to seeing more throughout the week!

ModernaDesignsArt said...

Awesome tag and definitely unusual - please take it as a compliment! Weitzen, Israel

Matney said...

Outstanding color and such care. Beautiful attention to details and a killer entry!