Aug 10, 2014

Smudgefest Day 6

 
Saturday Splatter Challenge Day 6
 Hello Bloggers, here is another 5X6 flat canvas.  I used Tim Holtz's Distress Inks Festive Berries, Aged Mahogany, Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive, Dusty Concord and Black Soot.
I used the heart image from Smeared Ink and A Tim Holtz stamp image and inked him lightly with DI Aged Mahogany.  I used my Copic Pens,
 R29, R20, E000, C1, C3. 
I popped him with Pop Dots and put him aside. 
 
Here is a side view of both images.
 
After I colored in the heart I took a small Tim Holtz's Arrow snipped in half and glued it to the heart.  I also cut a piece of metal mesh by Making Memories and attached it to the lower part of the heart (keeping it together).
  
I attached a black thin metallic wire from the man to the heart.  The heart was put aside while I worked on the canvas itself.
 
I used TH Distress Stain, Black Soot around the edges of the canvas and then used Mod Podge making up and down strokes.  I also used Mod Podge on the the man image.  After it dried, I placed both images where I wanted onto the canvas.  Then I began to place my "blood drops" onto the canvas.  A few were placed on the heart and I used some to create a puddle of blood underneath the bleeding heart. 
 
The last thing I added were the clouds in the background.  They were created by using Liquid Applique by Marvy.  It is applied then heated with a heat gun and it puffs up.  I've used this product for years now.  They come in various colors.   Pass by the Smeared and Smudged Challenge and be inspired.  Smeared Ink is where you can purchase the images.
I'm thankful that you visited, hope you can come again.
Ivette

 
 
 


3 comments:

angiesuez said...

crazy amount of techniques!! this is fabulous

paddy said...

what a fabulous work of art -- I love it!
gabriele

n1sunrider said...

Thank you!