Aug 7, 2014

Smudgfest Challenge Day 3

Wicked Wednesday Day 3
 
Back for Day 3 and once again I'm having a great time with my Smeared Ink stamps.  I was inspired by the image they posted for us to work from, which can be found here it is a blue peacock.  The peacock feathers reminded me of eyes and that began the ball rolling for me.  So, I began with Tim Holtz's Distress Inks, Salty Ocean, Bundled Sage, Peacock Feather, Black Soot.  Color Box Pigment Ink, Frost White and Black Archival Ink.
I used Tim Holtz's Clockwork Layering Stencil which is where I used the Frost White.  I applied the Spritz & Flick technique which bought out the droplets.   The image was then stamped with the black archival ink.
 
His hat was cut out from the same image and was colored with Copic Pens C2, C4, C8 & C10.   It was then covered with Crackle Glossy Accent.  On the feather, I used Glossy Accent and set it aside to dry.  After it dried, I popped it with black pop dots.
 
 
The skeleton was shaded in with the following Copic Pens:
B01, B14, B24, BG13, BG16 & BG75. 




 The words "All Eyes Will See" were written on white cardstock, colored and sealed with Modge Podge Matte.  I outlined the image itself with a Copic Multi-Liner 0.3 and I used a white gel pen to bring out the whites of the skeleton and the floating eyes.

 The floating eyes were hand drawn, I added some Rain Drops that had different shades of the Feathered Peacock and I just loved the way it looked.  I then sealed the tag, added the foil umbrella and the metallic floral wire that I created by coiling it around the handle of a small paint brush. 
Hope you enjoyed my creation for Day 3 of the Smeared and Smudge Challenge and do come back to view what the next day will bring. 
Have a great one everyone!
Ivette

No comments: