Oct 31, 2014

STEAMPUNK METALLIC SKULL

HIYA!  Here I have a plaster skull I had on display at Michaels. 
I began with a roll of metallic tape that I had purchased at Home Depot or Lowes.  I covered the skull with pieces of tapes that I cut up.  It was a therapeutic process for me. 
I then used Alcohol Ink from Ranger, I believe it was the color Lettuce.
I then  used my embossing kit and went around the lines of every piece of tape I placed on the skull  using a different detachable embossing pieces.  


 
This is a close up of the etching on the pocket watch I madeto appear as if were cracked.
I then began to glue the metals onto to skull using E6000.  Some metal was from Tim Holtz's Idea-ology line.  The spikes on the head are from Michaels jewelry line of Shambala.


The skull coming out of the skull's eye is also from Michaels, as well as the shimmery spider.
 

There are screw caps from Spare Parts along the side of the ear area. 
Hope you enjoyed this project!
Ivette


4 comments:

Anita Houston said...

Way way way COOL!!!! Love the eyebrows!!!!

Juliz Design Post said...

Hi Ivette, loving how you altered this skull head. Great idea with the crowns for eyebrows and your watch fob as a lens. So cool.
Julie x

Hazel said...

I LOVE this, great work. Hazel x

Adrienne Rivera said...

omg... I am so in love with this skull. its freaking awesome...