Feb 8, 2015

ULD - Hearts, Bird & Gear Memorial

Hello everyone!
Ivette here once again to share another fun project that I've created fo
  This one is in memory of my two laborador retrievers, named Sydney (after Sydney Portier) and Anakin, from Star Wars.  They they were 14 and almost 16 yrs old when they passed on due to natural causes.
This time around I'm using a 4x4 canvas featuring the beautiful specialized wood laser cuts of hearts, bird and gear, which are all from 

I coated the canvas, heartsbird and gear with gesso.



Then I used the glossy white, Embossing Paste over the Tim Holtz Hearts stencil using a multi-purpose squeegee from Tsukineko.

I used Distress Ink, Spiced Marmalade around the canvas, keeping the center lighter and the edges darker.  The lighter part of the center is really a home made stencil made from a sheet of transparency film that was cut from one of Tim Holtz' Bigz Dies, Winged Hearts using the Vagabond.



I covered the hearts, bird and gear with the Distress ink.


Then I smothered the heart and bird with Glossy Accent.


With the gear, I used Crackle Accent.


To create grass behind the dogs, which are Jolee's stickers that comes with a white bone and a tennis ballI used Liquid Pearls which are dimensional pearlescent paint.  They come is many beautiful colors.  You'll love using them if you aren't already.

Other embellishments which were glued with Alleen's Fast Grab Tacky Glue such as a piece of screen with a mini corner on top, a piece of white string of pearls (on the bottom), white paper wings and a piece of bendable fence that I cut in half and placed on the bottom corners.

A metal heart which represents the abundance of love that 
I have for all my dogs.




I am happy to share my project with everyone using
More wonderful projects to come and don't forget to visit their store!
Ivette

Supplies Used
ULD-hearts, bird, gear, 4x4 canvas, distress ink, liquid pearls, TH heart stencil, Bigz Die, Vagabond and mini corner, string of pearls, transparency film, metal fence, screen, embossing paste, Jolee (dog) stickers, paper wings, red metallic heart, homemade stencil, glossy accent, crackle accent, tacky glue and heat gun.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you were inspired!