Oct 6, 2015

31 Days of Halloween - Day 5 Smeared Ink

I'm back again for Day 5 of
"31 days of Halloween" 
that's going on over at 
for the entire month.
I decided to post here and on their Facebook page.
This time around I went with a 5x7 canvas which was covered in gesso and dried.  I then used a stencil with a Liquitex clear heavy gel.  I used several Distress Inks, Seedless Grapes, Mermaid Lagoon, Spiced Marmalade.  Using Tim Holtz' Shatter stencil and went over it with Azure Stazon Archival Ink.  I then buffed it with TH's new Glaze.  Added some dried flower branches  and used Smeared Ink's stamp of skulls (colored with Copic markers).  I added a different stamp (can't remember by who right now, will come back and add the name).  The skulls and the witch stamp were smothered with Glossy Accent and set to dry overnight.  
Added a mummy and tombstone embellishments by Jolees.
I also added a skeleton arm, spider and skeleton frame embellishments.
The bats were from Martha Stewart punches.  
Hope you like!
Hope you enjoyed my canvas.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  
Have a good one folks!
Ivette

3 comments:

TangledBlueRose said...

Fabulous canvas! I love the colors and wonderful texture. The mummy is soo awesome! So happy to have found your blog, great stuff, thanks for sharing!~kim

Anita Houston said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! LOVE that mummy!!! Love him!

Squiddy said...

What a gas!