Oct 6, 2015

31 Days of Halloween - Day 6 Smeared Ink

Ready for Day 6 of
that's going on over at 
for the entire month.
I'll be posting on their Facebook page also.
For today, I chose another canvas this on is a 4x4.  I came across these Nightmare Before Xmas buttons by Dress It Up and I knew I just had to make something with them.  
What fun I had with this one!
I began with gesso and Claudine Hellmuth Studio acrylic paint, Smidge of Blue by Ranger.  I mixed the blue with a dab of white acrylic paint. The tree was added next I had it laying around, I used a pencil to curve the tree and made it 3 dimensional. Then I used thin green wire and curved them to small "S" shapes and hung them onto the branches.  I used Glossy Accent to adhere the branches so that the wire won't move.  The Martha Stewart fence was a punch.  I lightened up the fence and the tree using Brilliance, Moonlight White pigment ink.   
My Copic markers were used to draw the swirly hill/mountains, here are the colors I used:
  BV00, BV08, BV11, V000, V02 and V04.
Copic markers were used also in the background (light swirls.)
I removed the back of the button and glued them down with hot glue.  Using a white gel pen I created tiny dots to complete the twilight sky.
I had a great time creating this one.  It's my fave piece so far.  
The juices are flooding!  I love this time of the year.
Enjoy!

Ivette

2 comments:

Squiddy said...

Love the moon too.

TangledBlueRose said...

Love it! Awesome buttons, cool find. Well done!~kim