Oct 7, 2015

31 Days of Halloween Day 7 - Smeared Ink

Ready for Day 7 of
 going on over at 
for the entire month.
I'll be posting on their Facebook page also.
Hiya, ok, the base of this project is a cardboard circle, the ones you place underneath a cake.  Here's how it was made.  I gessoed it up, used Liquitex Matte Super Heavy Gel then white acrylic paint.  After it all dried, I used Distress Ink, Hickory Smoke and went over the circle in circular motion very lightly.   
Next, I used Tim's Bigz Die, Witching Hour using black cardstock and chipboard.  I adhered the two cutouts together for firmness.
Then, only to the face and hand,  I applied TH Crackle Paint, Peeled Paint, let it dry and then lightly went over it with DI Black Soot to bring out the cracks.  The broom was painted and I used green string and tied it around the bristols for more dimension. 
I tied a piece of lime green tulle around her neck as her cape.   I used the MS Cat punch and adhered him onto the broom for the ride, I also used some smaller bats which I punched out of a EK Success flat punch and adhered them down.  That's it, if you have any questions, let me know.
Hope you enjoy and hope you have a great day/night.
Thank you once again!
Ivette

No comments: