Jun 21, 2022

SCRAPPY BOY - YOU'RE MY HERO

Hi there, today I wanted to share my own personal project using Scrappy Boy's stamp set, "You're My Hero" (Batboy). 
I fell in love with their images as soon as I saw them.  
First I'd like to say that this will always be the NYC skyline with the Twin Towers that I will always remember.  
Having lost co-workers/friends from the NYPD on the horrific day of September 11, 2001 I made this piece my own, my take.
"Not all heroes wear capes"  


 I started out using Neenah Solar White, Super Smooth cardstock and brought out the Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Mermaid Lagoon, Broken Blueprint Sketch, China, Fired Brick, Candied Apple and Squeeze Lemonade.
I used my ruler to draw in the Twin Towers, I wasn't concerned with keeping things perfectly straight, my project, my way.   I drew the thin blue line in memory of the 23 NYPD & 37 Port Authority officers that lost their lives that day at the towers and the red thin line for the 343 firefighters who also lost their lives.  
There also was another Hero who is sometimes forgotten, his name is Sirius and he is a yellow lab.   Sirius was still in his crate in the lobby when the towers fell.  His partner/handler PAPD PO David Lim was one of the few who survived.

I used various Copic markers and Multi-Liners for the "comic lettering."  I used vellum for depth on the buildings in the background and yellow vellum for the "Bat Signal" calling for help coming from the towers, if only Super Heroes really existed....
I then cut some brick printed paper for the rooftop wall.  
(this is actually the view from a rooftop on the Brooklyn side of NYC)
Then I used my old time favorite Liquid Appliqué for the clouds, I applied heat to puff them up.  I also hand drew some birds in the sky and the batman icon on the signal for help.
And, that's all she wrote.  

Hope the crafty followers find some inspiration from my project.
Thanks for passing by...
Ivette
(Ivy)

This project was entered in the following challenges:
Digichoosday's challenge blog

Never Forget September 11, 2001


9 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness, this is an adorable image and you've colored him wonderfully. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Challenge. We love seeing all the wonderful entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That´s a beautiful and cute project.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Friendship Challenge.
    Good luck and happy crafting!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone who was there and continued working GZ for two weeks after, your piece brought chills and warmth. It’s brilliant and the sentiment, even more so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your project. What a great image. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Deanna CT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project. Love it. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Deanna CT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at the Cardmaking & Craft Challenge with Polkadoodles ♡

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
    ~ Sherry CT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is so super awesome - love it! Thanks for joining our challenge at Polkadoodles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you’ve joined our challenge at Mixed Media Lovers! I just love what you’ve made. Hope to see you again next time.
    Blogowner: Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete

Hope you were inspired!