Nov 9, 2022

ART BY MARLENE- Paper Tags - Fantasy

What fun it was to create this underwater paper tag with the wonderful and quirky Art By Marlene "So-Fish-Ticated" clear stamps titled Sea Creatures.   I used the black VersaFine Clair Nocturne (black) for stamping the "one tooth" octopus stamp onto Neenah, extra smooth paper and colored it in with my Copic Markers.  So happy with how "she" turned out, I then fussy cut her and I generously covered her with glossy accent for the wet look and set her aside to dry.  If you noticed, she began to drip to one side and left a few lines in her head area, luckily I caught it before she completely dried.  I tried to keep her as flat as possible without having to start all over.  It was good enough for me. 

Began coloring the tag with Distress Inks, used the water and flicked it about the tag since Distress Inks react to water which created some spots on the tag.  Used one of Tim Holtz's stencil to create the sun rays under the water. 

 

I used some light Copic Markers to make faded sea grass to give the scene depth.  Used Liquid Pearl's (love Liquid pearlsbright color for the sea grass in the foreground, threw in some coiled stamens, stretched them out.  The coiled stamens will be flatten down when I create other tags for my book.
Added the pink adhesive dots by Gina K and called it the day! 
* Oh!  I almost forgot to mention that I also made tiny dots with the glossy accent. 

Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to "follow" so you can be notified when I post a project.  If you have any questions, feel free to contact me I would gladly do my best to answer any questions. 
Have a great time!
Ivette
(Ivy)

"Keep on the watch and Pray continually, so that you may not enter into temptation.  The spirit, of course, is eager, but the flesh is weak."
Mathew 26:41
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you were inspired!