Sep 1, 2022

A Perfect Time To Craft Challenge - September Sponsor - Sheepski Designs

Welcome back everyone!

This month's sponsor at 

A Perfect Time To Craft Challenge 

is

Sheepski Designs

The Breezy Beach Walk is the image I chose to go with and I challenged myself into coloring the sand and sea.  I was never happy with how my water coloring or sand looked until I took a refresher class with Alyce, owner of Kit & Clowder.  You can go at your own pace whenever you have time for yourself, which is rare but it encourages you to take time for yourself even if its just 10-15 mins a day.  It also helps to relieve stress.  No lies!  
I began with printing out the image below on Neenah Solar White Extra Smooth cardstock.


Here are the following Copic markers and White Pencil/Gel used:
Sunset: Y04, Y08, Y17, Y38
Mountain: E00, E11, E13, E18, E33
Lighthouse: R17, R24, White Coloring Pencil
Houses:  R14, R20, YG06, B00, B12, BV00
Sand: E00, E11, E13, E25, E42, E43, E50, E51
Sea:  BG0000, BG000, BG02, BG07, BG10, BG57, B0000, B000, B00, White Pencil/Gel pen
Grass: G14, G24, YG05
Row Boats:  C01, C02, W0, W2, E51 
Sailboats:  B12, B21, FYG1, R11
Flying seagulls, woman's shadow,  distant mountain:  
Black Multi-Liner

I added some dry moss in several areas throughout the image.  The dog and the oar is a brad.

The red canoe is also a brad laying against a wall of tiny pebbles, moss and some floral patches using Flower Soft.

Used some more moss, tiny pebbles, clams shells and snail shells.  I am really liking the way this came together, looks realistic.
* I accidentally wrote the wrong year-what was I thinking??  Pandemic?

A few more tiny pebbles along the edge of the mountain and water to make them appear as huge boulders.

The hot air balloon is also a brad.  For some reason the shadows of the sailboat look a lot darker in this photo than in the actual artwork.

The blue/white sailboat on the right is also a brad it was the perfect size for this scene.
A generous amount of Glossy Accent throughout to make the water appear wet and all the elements in or near it.
It was a lot of fun coloring this image and as I mentioned earlier, I took my time with it.  
Hope I sprinkled some inspiration your way to help get those creative juices flowing.  Leave a comment if I inspired you in any way.  ðŸ˜‰

As always, there's a monthly challenge over at 
Do visit and scroll through the site and see what my teammates have created.   Don't forget, if you created something (anything) it doesn't have to be a card, scrapbook layout or just a page, it can me something you made of any kind of material, wood, woodburning, quilting, mixed media, anything.  It's always anything goes at
Thanks for checking out my work and don't forget to click on the 
"Follow" button so you can get notified whenever I post something new on my blog.
                                      
Take care, stay safe and get your craft on!!
Ivy
(Ivette)














No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you were inspired!