Dec 31, 2022

A Perfect Time To Craft Challenge - January 2023 Sponsors - Ching-Chou Kuik & Conie Fong

Hello everyone!

Not only is it a new month, it a new Year!  Let's see what the new year has in store for everyone.

                          A Perfect Time To Craft Challenge

 January's sponsors are Ching-Chou Kuik & Conie Fong.  

I chose to go with Ching-Chou Kuik's digital image       

"Dandelion Field."


Began with downloading 2 copies of this beautiful image onto my Neenah Solar White Extra Smooth card stock.  Normally, I go over the entire image with my kneaded eraser to remove any ink residue so it doesn't interfere with my coloring.

I had a lot of fun creating this card, as usual I begin with coloring both copies with my Copic markers, white gel pen and then I fussy cut the main image as well as around each individual dandelion.  I wanted to recreate the softness of a real dandelion.  Yes, it took a toll on my hand and I did it over a few days.  Using some strips of grass die cuts that I've had for many years laying around, I layered them up with pop dots, distressed them a bit and adhered them using Art Glitter adhesive.

On the background I used Distress Ink colors Broken China and Faded Jeans with a cloud stencil. 

Added this lovely ladybug to add my favorite color, red.  

Using some leftover pieces of pale pink lace I decide to create a skirt for our beautiful blue headed lady as she sat on a snail.  Added some silver self adhesive dots and added two small colored pearls for the snail eyes.  Added some crystal stems behind the snail.


Hand drew some black vines, birds in the sky and added a pink dragonfly and called it the day.
I really hope you liked my image, if so, do leave a commented and don't forget to join in on the challenges below.  

Don't forget to check out the digital images by our sponsors

Join my FB group called 

This project was submitted to the following challenges:


Hope you were inspired and thank you so much for stopping by.
Ivette (Ivy)

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card,love the stamps and scene you created,love all the attention to details.Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Ivette, your project is full of so much delicious detal, depth, and texture, it would take an essay to talk about them all. So, let me just summarize by saying that your composition and color integration are next level!

    The background is beautifully blended, and all the small details are perfectly blended. What a feast for the eyes! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card with so much beautiful detail. Could you please add Morgan's Artworld to your list of challenges you are entering with the link to our challenge. I do see you linked it, but maybe I just missed it here. So glad you want to join us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Arlene CT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty - love the details and the depth of the different elements! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at the Crafting Happiness Celebrations Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanette for your comment and for stopping by.

      Delete

Hope you were inspired!