Mar 31, 2023

A Perfect Time To Craft Challenge - April 2023 Sponsor Hungry JPEG

Hello, hope everyone is doing well.   

This month our sponsor is 

The Hungry JPEG!     

I'm using several images from the 
by Erasovas.
With these images I took the Canva route and uploaded the images and began to play with them.  I'm still learning Canva and feeling more confident as I learn by trial and error and some research.  I began with adding a background color and placing the images where I wanted.  So everything inside the yellow box is a digital with the exception of the sentiments and the tiny crystal hearts next to them. I also added digital images to the outside of the white picket fence.  I printed everything onto 5x7 glossy photo paper.  It just looked so much better.  
So I went with a scrapbook layout using the 49 and Market Vintage Artists Colors 12x12 Blush Mini Collection by Katie Petite which is now retired.
I used my Distress Ink Aged Mahogany and distressed the edges after I cut off about 1/4" of paper so that it will allow room for my embellishments so that they fit into the 12x12 scrapbooking sleeve.
  
I'm making this layout for my 24 day old 3rd granddaughter that has come into this world.  My granddaughters are my most precious jewels.  Her photo will be placed inside the heart after my photo shoot with her soon.

As you can see I added a white wooden fence and adorned it with small stems of Prima flowers that I pulled apart, added burgundy and yellow self adhesive mesh that I've had in my stash for many years.

I also added thin lacing around the 5x7 image, some pearl drop ribbon across the top as well as some colored moss, a lady bug, a birdie, white ink splatter and I cut and lifted the wings of two of the butterflies for a 3D affect. 




Added some vellum sentiments that I cut out from an old school vellum Quote Stacks booklet by DCWV you can still find them on eBay and Amazon.  I'm sure some of you may recall these, they made a booklet for everything seasons, scriptures, sentiments, holidays, family, baby and childhood, girls, boys, travel... I have them all!  I treasure them!  







2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely project Ivy, thanks for sharing with us! I wanted to remind you to please link back to our challenge and, in order to be eligible for the draw, your project cannot be backlinked.
    Donna
    The Paper Funday Challenges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna. Took care of it. Ivy

      Delete

Hope you were inspired!